Wednesday, July 16, 2008

From the Archives


From what I can remember this pic is from July 2006. Pete and I spent most of the day riding Summit County, from Breck over Swan Mountain to Keystone to the Resevior to Copper then back to Breck. It was pure awesomeness. Spinning along side by side at a talking pace is a good time friends to catch up on 12 months of life. Pete lives with his fam in Missouri where people throw beer cans at guys in tight shorts. He comes to CO most every summer to make sure his kids get their fair share of hiking, altitude, nature, and exposure to the mountain life-style. And to ride bikes of course. We were going to do the Peaks trail in Breck last week but my gout got the better of those plans. My knee locked up so we opted for the hot springs pool in Glenwood. That pool is also pure awesomeness. The gout flare-up puts Laramie in jepoardy...the tough reality is that I may have to pull out of the race. At this point I'm not focused on riding 70 miles, I'm focused on being able to ride at all. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave! Hope you're doing well and able to compete in the Enduro. Killer blog, heard all about the 4th from Bryan. Be well my friend.
Mattya