Monday, July 21, 2008

Done Deal

I'm out of the Laramie Enduro. I saw the orthopedic surgeon today. His assesment resonated with what I've been told by two other trusted medical professionals: whatever is going on with my knee it would be unwise to try to take on something like a race right now. The orthopod said that I've either had a severe gout flare-up, have a torn minuscus from crashing a few weeks ago, or tendon damage from the gout flare up. There's a very good chance that it was gout and that I'll be skipping along any day soon, but we did an MRI just to check. I'll get the MRI results in the morning. Considering my prior surgery it sounded like a good idea. It's tough to let go of Laramie. Getting ready for it has been a big part of my life for the past 4 months. I live, eat and breathe it. This is life. I've learned cool stuff over the past months and Laramie will be there in 2009.

No comments: