Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tele Boot History



You're looking at a Garmont Triple G circa 1999. I bought these used in 2000 from Tele Movie Star Luke Miller. They served me well over the years with countless vertical feet of climbing around Camp Hale, Waist Deep Days at Steamboat, and wind-scoured days at Eldorko. I always kept these as a "backup" and because they fit like a glove. I've been through a couple of pair of various boots since then so I figured it was time to send these out into the world. I took them to the ski swap and no-one there could appreciate them; so off to Craigslist they went as I mouthed a prayer that they would go to some deserving soul who would appreciate them and would use them to launch into a lifetime of Tele turns. A week went by and my phone rang with a second season Tele skier from Big Sky. He swings chairs for a living in the winter and manages Appalachian huts in New Hampshire in the summer. The boots fit him like a glove and got him out of his mis-fit garage sale tanks. Many happy turns to him and my old Triple G's.

No comments: