Saturday, January 15, 2011

CO Visit




I've been up to my old tricks. I'll be switching back to WesternSlopeExile mode for this post as I've had some great adventures in the Colorado end of the Rockies. I linked Denver to Crested Butte via bus and bummed rides (connecting with my inner dirt bag), ate road kill (I am not kidding), met my new friends Pekoe the dog and Mama the Hen, skied some new CB Nordic trails, and felt my muscle memory take over when I would walk into the back of the bike shop or reach for a light switch. So familiar. It's hard to shake a near lifetime of Colorado. I sure do miss the sand and sage, the 14,000 foot peaks, knowing and being known. But, there is Cold Smoke to be schralped, the Greater Yellowstone to be explored, Grizzlies to be avoided, and vast wilderness to be experienced here in Montana. On tap: an Alpine Ski skills clinic series at Bridger, skating at Bohart, the NCAA Nordic regionals, a broadened footwear testing network, Moonlight Basin, and the new Sushi place. More to follow.

No comments: