Thursday, September 17, 2009

Snow

I'm getting these up a little late. First snow of the season on Sunday. It looked like it was above 13,000 feet and was just a very light dusting. I was driving from CB to Denver and snapped a few pics along the way. CB was socked in when I left, so no official report from there since I couldn't see much above 9,500 feet. Last Sat/Sun the Aspens in CB were full on gold on north and west facing slopes and are still fairly green on east and south facing aspects. I just rolled into Denver from Portland after being away for a few days. l'll be able to snap some more pics and give a full autumnal assessment after the drive home to CB tomorrow.



My South Park geography isn't strong...I think this is between the Buffalo Peaks and Weston Pass


Antero and Shavano? You can barely see snow on the ridge top.


I think this is the south side of Shavano from the top of Monarch Pass

No comments: