Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Rainy Day Activities




It's been pouring in CB since I got here Saturday. The upside is that everything is green, lush, and misty; and the trails drain and dry quickly. I've been able to time some rides between downpours. After the torrents, Tony's and Upper Upper were in good enough condition to proceed cautiously and tread lightly. I had to break out the trainer during the storms so I could get my yah-yahs out. Riding stationary on the porch watching the rain fall is kind of fun...for about 30 minutes. I also went for round 4 of naan experimentation. Previous versions have ranged from the consistency of tough pancakes to fluffy focaccia. I let the dough rise for about an hour, punched it down and gave it another 30-45 minutes before frying it up. And I only kneeded for a couple of minutes instead of the 6-8 minutes that the recipe calls for. That made all the difference. This time it resembled naan and had a great consistency. I was super stoked. We mowed it down at John's b-day party.

No comments: