Saturday, April 5, 2008

Powder to the People




Nothing like the annual hut trip to turn things upright in my world. 4 days of new and old friends, great snow, lots of food, and blue (mostly) skies. There are so many cool things to say about a trip like this...one is that you can eat almost anything you want and it is almost instantly metabolised. Another is that I thought about work about 1 time and it lasted for about 2 minutes. We had sunny short sleeve uphills one day and 40mph sustained winds the next. It took us a while to figure out that while it was howling at the hut, if you dropped 100 feet lower into the trees everything was calm, quiet, and serene with deep snow. Too many analogies to draw about shelter and changing perspective. I'll let you make the links. This trip totally restored my faith in winter and the power of traveling over and through snow. I'd let that slip away from me. Now it's back. Powder to the People.

No comments: