Friday, June 25, 2010

The Pumpfarm

Pump tracks are all the rage in The Exit. There is one public track and 4 or 5 private tracks. The tracks are fun; a great core and cardio workout - seriously, I know it doesn't look like it because you don't really pedal much but your heart rate tops out quickly; a safe way to learn advanced skills (sort of); and 4 year olds and their parents can ride at the same place at the same time. I was really intimidated by these things at first but then my buddy Brendan spent about an hour with me at the town track a few weeks ago breaking it down step by step...how to get my whole body into it, look down the track, commit to and rail corners. Centrifugal force is your friend. It's the closest thing I've seen to perpetual motion. Here's a little video from the Pump Farm track.

No comments: