Thursday, December 3, 2009

Full Moon

I've been cruising the same strip of hard packed, man made snow at CBMR for the last week in the name of getting my legs under me and getting used to new equipment. Bad skiing is usually better than no skiing at all (with the exception of windy days at Eldorko); but lapping 900 vertical feet shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of park rats and jibbers isn't ideal. We need snow. So, take that same length of styrofoam, add friends with big smiles on their faces, a full moon, and a pair of climbing skins...well, those runs are transformed into little bliss nuggets.

The moon was so bright that what I thought was a big rock poking through the snow was the shadow of the silent chair lift above me. The snowmaking crew and snowcat drivers would occasionally cruise by and give a quiet nod and a wide berth, neither surprised nor bothered.





No comments: