Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pie!






I've never made pie before. I called my mom, consulted three websites and gathered about 5 recipes. I was told by a couple of folks that it's hard to pull off. Like my mom says, it's not that tough, it's just time consuming. A nice exercise in patience. It turned out well and I'm really glad that I did a little practice before trying to pull it off for Thanksgiving.

I got up on Kebler Pass today for my first day of the season on the Nordic trails. It was great to get out and do a little kick-and-glide, especially after all the pie. There's not quite enough snow in town and in the valley to set tracks yet so the Nordic Center did a little early season grooming with snow mobiles up high on the pass. I've never seen grooming that good with a snow mobile - nice tracks and full width skate lane.

The mountain opens in the morning!

No comments: