Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I don't want a pickle...

I just want to ride my motorsickle

Ok, they are loud, obnoxious, and stinky...but so fun. I had the first ride since my cousin put me on a 50cc bike when I was about 9 and nearly killed me. It feels like a really huge mountain bike with an excessive amount of power. It has the ability to bring elation or destruction, all dependent on skill, awareness, and fate. It brings such a unique feeling of freedom. It's certainly different than a bicycle...a bicycle is about challenge, roaming, getting somewhere under your own power in a manner fast enough to feel a sense of accomplishment but slow enough to notice things along the way. A motorcycle is a different feeling. Such a sense of independence...like it could be ridden until there's nothing left to ride. Like you could go anywhere. 

Jared put me on his bike and showed me clutch, throttle, front brake, rear brake and sent me off. Brave. 






It was a nice night too. 








No comments: